Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Treatment

So... Last night I had my first laser treatment. Ha ha it was a rather interesting experience. When I went in for my consult and to sign the papers I was told to let the hair grow out for about a week so they could take pictures on my first treatment to kind of document everything... so I went in with really nasty hairy pits! So, the lady took pictures, THEN proceeded to SHAVE MY PITS! Needless to say it was a tad awkward! Kevin was laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall out of his chair! OH and did I mention my arm pits are VERY ticklish, so I am laughing as she is rubbing them with all the goop, then KEVIN just has to say to her, "careful if Megan gets laughing too hard she will snort!" I really couldn't believe he said that! (actually yes I can!)

So after she goops up the skin she has us put on some great looking glasses. Then came the painful part... the LASER! duh duh duh. They blow VERY cold air on the area as they laser it. I didn't look at the laser but Kevin described it as looking like the hand held scanner gun that they use at the grocery store. So she places it to the skin, and when she pushes the little button it feels like a needle going onto your skin, and then there is a surge of electricity that runs through your muscle... OWIE! The pain is bearable but I am definitely glad that the treatments are 8 weeks apart! But as for today, there is no pain... supposedly the pain that I would be feeling is comparable to that of a sunburn... Ha ha what an experience!

ALSO for anyone who is interested Kevin will be racing this weekend in Heber at the Wasatch County Events Center. The actual races begin at 5:00 Saturday night, but we will be there ALL DAY! So give me a call and stop on by and keep me company! ;)

No comments: