I have now hit the 25 week mark in my pregnancy, and I am starting to actually FEEL pregnant. There have been some big changes in the past few weeks
1. I have not been able to wear my contacts since about week 18, they give me MAJOR headaches. I read in my book that the shape of your eyes can actually change during pregnancy... so I have been wearing my glasses for what seems like FOREVER.
2. I am now wearing maternity pants 100% of the time. Up until about a week or two ago I was still wearing my normal jeans, with the top button undone of course and I was also still wearing a pair of normal work pants. I finally got to the point where I had to break down and just go and buy some.
3. I FEEL HUGE!!! My tummy is growing right on target, but let me tell you I feel like I should burst any day! My waist line is definitely GONE!!!
4. I cannot get comfortable at bed time. I toss and turn for what seems like forever, get comfortable for a few minutes and then toss and turn some more.
5. The burning pain in my throat is terrible. I don't know if this is like a type of heartburn or some sort of acid reflux, but it's coming back every night and it really hurts.
I am sure this seems like I am complaining a ton, but in all honesty this pregnancy has pretty much been a breeze and the ups have DEFINITELY been better than the downs! I am so happy to be carrying this little boy around and I can't wait until he gets here! We are definitely on the down hill stretch and I am sure that he will be here before we know it!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Yesterday I had my 23rd week Dr. appointment. Dr. Colby took measurements of my tummy, I measured at 24 cm and he also listened to Baby Kael's heartbeat which was normal at 145 beats per minute. It took the Dr. a minute to find the heartbeat because Kael was moving around and kicking so much. It was funny because he would find the heart beat and then it would be over powered by a big thump of a kick, it was pretty funny! I am so excited to be at 23 weeks already and I am hoping that the next 17 weeks go by fast because we are so excited to meet our little boy!