Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Am Feeling It Now!!!

I have now hit the 25 week mark in my pregnancy, and I am starting to actually FEEL pregnant. There have been some big changes in the past few weeks

1. I have not been able to wear my contacts since about week 18, they give me MAJOR headaches. I read in my book that the shape of your eyes can actually change during pregnancy... so I have been wearing my glasses for what seems like FOREVER.

2. I am now wearing maternity pants 100% of the time. Up until about a week or two ago I was still wearing my normal jeans, with the top button undone of course and I was also still wearing a pair of normal work pants. I finally got to the point where I had to break down and just go and buy some.

3. I FEEL HUGE!!! My tummy is growing right on target, but let me tell you I feel like I should burst any day! My waist line is definitely GONE!!!

4. I cannot get comfortable at bed time. I toss and turn for what seems like forever, get comfortable for a few minutes and then toss and turn some more.

5. The burning pain in my throat is terrible. I don't know if this is like a type of heartburn or some sort of acid reflux, but it's coming back every night and it really hurts.

I am sure this seems like I am complaining a ton, but in all honesty this pregnancy has pretty much been a breeze and the ups have DEFINITELY been better than the downs! I am so happy to be carrying this little boy around and I can't wait until he gets here! We are definitely on the down hill stretch and I am sure that he will be here before we know it!

6 comments:

Burkman Clan said...

Yep sounds like heartburn, stock up on tums they help.

Camille said...

Ugh...I got that with Caden all the time. I thought it was from the prenatal vitamins, but I was quickly informed that it was hearburn! I hated it! I want to see some pictures of that cute belly!

Lindsay said...

Yes mam!!! Go get some Tums. Im sorry thats awful. I want to see a picture of your belly

Kevin and Megan Rikli said...

Thanks ladies! Looks like I will be buying some tums tomorrow, glad to know there is something that helps! I need to take a new pic and post it.

twylastarr said...

Oh Megan the dicomfort has only begun. It gets alot worse around 34 weeks. I blew up after that.

twylastarr said...

Prilosec works wonders for the burning you can get it at costco. I would've died without it and i got to the point where I had heart burn so bad I would throw up on my sleep until I got on that medicine